Summit Bank Limited strives towards creating a culture where our customers are treated with fairness and transparency in terms of providing products and services. The Framework for Fair Treatment of Customers (“FTC”) has been formulated to establish that every consumer of the bank is treated fairly and without biasness. FTC culture incorporates principles of fairness throughout the bank in all its dealings.
Our FTC Vision:
- Empower the customers to obtain fair information and assist in making decisions with banking products and services without any discrimination in transparent way.
- Provide possibilities for the customer to distinguish between fair and just practices provided by the bank and ensuring that the FTC principle is embedded in the bank’s culture.
- Customers have access to recourse mechanism to resolve disputes as per the SBP Guidelines of Consumer Grievance Handling Mechanism (CGHM).
Consumer Protection Objectives
- To protect the interests of our customers at each stage of the product‘s life cycle.
- To ensure that promotional material is clear, simple and appropriately designed for the intended consumer group.
- To ensure that sales staff has comprehensive training on all products they advise or sell.
- To keep detailed and secured records of customer information and instructions.
- To ensure that customer complaints are assessed fairly, promptly and impartially, and in line with Regulator’s guidelines.
- To ensure that FTC values are practiced by all staff across the bank.
Financial Consumer Protection is an organizational effort with well-defined roles and responsibilities. The bank will monitor the fair treatment of customers at all stages of the relationship.